For the salad:
- plum tomatoes sliced
- cucumbers, sliced or diced - use the skinny type
- chopped parsley
- romaine lettuce or any other lettuce that isn't bitter - chopped
- mint leaves
- Other ingredients you might want to add are: carrots, bell peppers, radishes (use the small type)
For the dressing:
- lemon or lime juice - use the thin skinned variety
- Olive oil
- Garlic (optional)
- Wash vegetables and chop. Make sure vegetables are super-dry after you wash them.
- wisk dressing ingredients together and pour over vegetables
- For Fattoush, cut pita bread into pieces, fry in olive oil until hard (alternatively you can just toast the pita bread pieces). Add to vegetables. Add sumac to the dressing ingredients.