- Preheat oven 350.
Make qater (syrup):
- Dissolve 2 cups sugar in 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Bring to boil, add 1 tabl. lemon juice.
- Simmer on low for 10-15 min.
- Add 2 tsp. orange blossom water. remove from heat.
- Set aside to cool.
- 2 cups smead kheshen
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tabl. unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream or yogurt (can add 1 cup yogurt and 1/2 cup sour cream..if want..thats what I do.)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- mix ingredients well with wooden spoon.
- grease pan with 2 tabl. of taheena (sesame paste). Or you may grease with oil.
- Pour mixture in pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle w/ almonds
- Cut into serving pieces before putting in oven. Middle rack 30-40 min.
- Broil to get that golden color.
- Remove and pour cold syrup all over it.
Syrup needs to be cold and basboosa needs to be hot!