- 1lb. basic kofta mixture (ground beef, parsley,mixed spices,onions,salt,pepper)
- 1 cup pine nuts ( i use a handful)
- 1/2 cup olive oil2 large onions, chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes (peeled) ...I use crushed less expensive and taste great!
- 2 tabl. tomoato paste blended w/1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. mixed spices
- salt & pepper
- juice of half a lemon
- mould kafta into small balls size of half an egg
- in a saucepan lighty brown pine nuts in oil, remove set aside
- fry onions in same pan until golden brown, remove and set aside.
- brown meatballs set aside.
- place peeled tomatoes and paste blended w/water in pan and bring to boil.
- add spices, salt, pepper, lemon juice, onions and meatballs.
- simmer 20 minutes.
- add more water is needed. add pine nuts before serving.
- serve w/rice pilaf